Personal information collected by AusAID is treated as confidential and is protected by the Privacy Act 1988. Personal information is information relating to an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion provided.
Site visit data
This site is operated by AusAID without the use of an external service provider. When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. This ‘clickstream data’ is recorded for statistical purposes. It is used by AusAID to help improve the site. The following information is supplied by your browser:
- the user’s server address
- the user’s operation system (for example Windows, MAC etc)
- the user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the date and time of the visit to the site
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser used.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency (or other government agency) exercises a legal authority to inspect ISP logs (eg by warrant, subpoena or notice to produce).
Collection of personal information
When you email us:
- we will record your email address
- we will only use your email address for the purpose for which you provided it
- it will not be added to a mailing list, unless provided by you specifically for that purpose
- we will not use your email address for any other purpose
- we will not disclose it without your consent.
Other personal information collected by us, for example through the use of an online form, will only:
- be collected by lawful and fair means
- be used for a lawful purpose
- be collected with your consent, and
- the purpose for collection should be clear and explicit.